Friday, September 5, 2014

Hiki No Behind The Scenes

 Hello, its Linden Johns reporting for HIKI NO news! Today we are visiting a new store in Lihue called Sports Authority. This brand-new store sells everything sports related from basketball to- Wait... Wait... What was that? We're supposed to be doing a behind the scenes post...? Oh, sorry, my bad.... 

As you saw from that  "fail", a group of me and three other classmates are doing a skit that may or may not be included in local news. (Or maybe you didn't pay attention to it, I don't care.) It depends on whether HIKI NO deems it worthy. Anyway... We're doing a story on the new store that opened up in Lihue, Sports Authority. The store is gianormous and sells almost anything sports related from basketball stuff to yoga suits. (Ps. we've never had a store like that on the island before so this is pretty big, I think...) So far the story's going pretty good, and we've already got AN ENTIRE INTERVIEW YAAAY! But seriously... We have several shots of the store, an entire interview with an employee, and... and... um... and stuff. Anyway, its actually a really cool (and by that I mean air-conditioned) store with a whole bunch of stuff, so if you need sports supplies, Just go down to Kukui Grove. Huge store. Big sign. Can't miss it.

When the camera's not filming,we're usually ether moving it to the next place we're going to film or setting it up. Sometimes we pause the whole operation (moving and filming with the camera) to just check out the store. Check out what they have, look around, and give ourselves a tour of the place we're filming. Most of the time, this gives us an opportunity to find more places to shoot B-roll, and have a little fun. (We're kids. what else can I say?) When we're not filming, we also communicate on what to do next, what effects to add to the next shot, etc.

As a contributor to my team, I have volunteered to be the narrator, and the interviewer. My voice won't be included as the interviewer, (Cause that's how it works) But it will be included as the narrator. I also plan to transcribe the interviews into words, and help the camera man with some techniques. So far, being the interviewer and talking to complete strangers as if we knew each other for years (and I'm about to ask you some questions) hasn't brought me out of my comfort zone, (that's why i volunteered). Still not sure if narrating will shove me out of that zone previously mentioned, but I've done that sort of thing in elementry school, so I doubt it will. But so far, the project's going great, and I'll try to keep it that way.

I'm not sure if I still need to do this part,
-Linden




No comments:

Post a Comment