Friday, November 7, 2014

My Visual Poem

Hello and welcome to an ALL NEW PROJECT! This project is for a visual poem that I, alone, have been working on. My poem is about the morning. Things that happen in the morning, and things that wake in the morning. I also went to the beach in the morning before school started, and filmed the sunrise, and got a time lapse. All the film was taken by me, and so was the editing. I believe the visuals really "bring out" the meaning in my words, by visualizing what I'm saying. You can view the finished product right there. Above. Trees and stuff. Can't miss it.

There are tons (well not literally, videos don't have weight...) of special effects that I stuffed into the video. transitions, music, text, backgrounds, sound effects, and a few others. I believe this makes the video look more professional, and really express what I'm trying to say. The transitions also help make it not look... well... jagged like a broken rock. And I really like the text options. They're really cool. And I also (lastly) think that the beginning kinda redish-orangeish-yellowish bubble-like things, along with the blurred text and ocean background sounds, makes it really a feely sorta thing. I think the effects were really fun to play with.

In mostly all of these paragraphs I've talked about how good the poem is, but there are a few things that could be improved on. First of all, the timing is a little off. This is because the transitions were taking up a little of the video, and I didn't have enough video to go around. Second of all, the "In the morning" in the beginning of the video was slightly cut off. But that's all I can think of for now. Overall, I would say I'm pretty satisfied with the result. Critique the video for yourself. I don't know how, but there's gotta be someway to message me of YOUR critique of the video. Figure it out. Also, below, there is the plan that my poem was based off of. Read it if you like. I don't care.

See ya next time!
-Linden

19 comments:

  1. I like how it's short and sweet
    Some shots are a bit shaky
    Great voice and shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. •I liked the writing
    •The ending kinda got cut off
    •The b-roll of the time lapse was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used "in the morning" multiple times
    There is a lot of shaking in the camera... use the Stabilization
    I love all the special effects, for example when the video turned into a picture, amazing special effects

    ReplyDelete
  4. good B-roll like the dog time lapse
    to much noise in the background like the sound effects at the end
    good creative shots such as the chickens and dogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Nice poem, its very fluent
    2. Some videos have loud music
    3. Like the transition/music

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your sound effects, it helps me visualize the story more in-depth!
    The camera movements were okay for this project, but some of it was distracting.
    I love the sunrise time-lapse, it really worked well with what you were saying and plus, it was just really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the effects
    One shot is shaky
    I like the verity of shots

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the natural sounds that you added in the Visual Poem
    It was pretty loud when the door closed and it took away that last part of the voice over
    The time lapse at the beach was beautifully done, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice transitions
    too much sound in the back-ground
    I like the creative shots you took like with the dog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really well written
    There could be more descriptive word in your visual poem
    And I really like your B-roll on how you got nice pics of the beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked your topic
    Your camara moved and wobbled a lot
    I liked how you found noices for a lot of the things you talked about

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job on the transitions from one picture to the other
    You should work on having balanced videos
    Great pictures of animals and morning sunrises

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how you showed a picture of the morning sun by the beach, Good job waking up early.
    I didn't really like how at the end you were shutting the door, It was really loud.
    I liked your shots of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your transitions
    You could make your poem more longer
    I like how you got your clip from the dog to the dog running

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing B-roll of the birds
    In the first shot there was a little movement
    Nice perspective of the dog running

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how your poem was written, it all fit together.
    Some of the camera movement made me dizzy.
    I like how you put the camera on the dog, it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I <3 the effects sooo much! Its bloody brilliant! The camera snap is just, Pure genius
    The footage was quite shaky throughout the film
    Fantastic voice over and fantastic-er writing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Powerful and passionate poem!
    The background noise in the last shot was too loud; we couldn't here that last word!
    You really did great with the effects; you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Linden I loved this Visual Poem! In my opinion I really liked the time lapse and when you recited the poem you would see the specific b-roll of what you were reciting too.
    I think one thing you could do better is turn the volume down on the ending shot because I couldn't hear the last few words that you said.
    I liked how much emotion and feeling you put in when you recited the poem,

    ReplyDelete