Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

Welcome back! After like 7 days of not posting anything, (which in normal for this blog) a new post is underway! Remember the project I mentioned in the previous post? You SHOULD remember unless you totally skipped out on the previous blog post like a slacker. (Can you slack on something no one told you to do? I need to know.) If you did skip out, however, it's the Motivational Poster. You know, Blah Blah Blah, Just do it, etc.  Anyway, the requirements are 6 layers: Manifesto, a couple of Personal Quotes, Krazy Kerning (Of both text layers, all the way across the page), 4 Photos, (Three symbolic images, and MY FACE: A portrait...) and also a Triatic color scheme and blending options on my text layers, adjustment layers on my images, and Visual Balance.
Text layers, (without effects)
Top Left: Quotes. Rest: Manifesto.
Images, (without effects)

So, you're probably wondering how I made the poster, (bottom) I shall now tell you. First, I had to create the Manifesto, (Find in the previous blog post! Shameless self advertising FTW) and put it into a brand new Photoshop document. (You know the drill- file, new, 8.5 by 11 inches, etc.) Then I did the same with the personal quotes that I created myself, (On the poster, they are the gold text.) I then Kerned the text to fit the screen precisely, and fitted the Manifesto next to the personal quotes. After that was all said and done, I imported and arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner, the three Symbolic Images, (Once again found in the previous post- You know what? Why don't you just read it...) and a portrait of myself. (Taken by Jason Hoy) I then used layer modification techniques (AKA: a lot of long words that I just use to look smart ) on the text to make it gold, green, and blue, (My Triadic Color Scheme) using the outlines, glow, bevel and emboss, and other stuff to incorporate the scheme. Finally, I used adjustment layers (Above the photos, below the text) to make the photos fit with the color scheme and make them BLUE! Blue as a- a... um... a. . . a Blueberry? I don't know many things that blue. It's almost blinding... Well, anyway, then with a couple of touch-ups, it was done.

So, I'd say that the biggest challenge I had to face was being absent for about a day. When I came back we were supposed to be done kerning- but I hadn't even started. So I had to work really fast and come in for lunch to finish the kerning so it fit the entire screen. I think I did pretty well... What do you guys think? One of the hardest things with the kerning however, was getting the manifesto so it was on the side of the quotes. I manages it in the end by pressing enter when I ran out of room with the text. Otherwise it was pretty easy, probably because I had worked with photoshop before. If you would like to see the finished poster, it is blown up (not literally) at the bottom.

Adios Amigos
-Linden
Final Motivational Poster!!!

1 comment:

  1. The cutscenes after each level are fun, but on the last level there is no portal, But I like the idea of the flooding! It's been done, yes, but so has mine, so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete