Thursday, May 4, 2017

Food Bank of Hawaii

Kauai Food Bank PSA from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

*Dunnnnnnnnn* "In the dark of night" *Dunnnnnnnn* "One class remained superior" *Dunnnnnnn* "Will the students survive?" *Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN* "7th Period: Service Learning" Coming to theaters near nobody because this is about the food bank. Anyway, here comes the first blog post in.... Ever that ISN'T about G.T. Well, I'm not sure if this counts or not, because you need to be in G.T. to be able to be in this class and it's still taught by Mr. Sanderl, so I guess it's G.T. hard mode. Anyway, our project was to create a video PSA (Public Service Announcement) about a non-profit organization. I chose the Food Bank of Hawaii. (Although, you probably could have figured out that based on the giant video and title.) Anyway, my teammates for this project were... No one! I worked by myself because all of the teams were full, and although one team was not full, I would've much rather worked by myself. I learned about initiative and independence, which are important skills not taught quite as often in children's TV than friendship and relying on others for help.

The most difficult part of the project was probably the timing, as for half of the school days we could work on it, I was sick. Like sicker than a dog who happened to be sick. But I still managed to squeeze in two filming sessions, and thankfully Mr. Sanderl was understanding and gave me an extension. I was a little worried when I went out to film, but the people at the food banks were really nice and supportive. (I mean, it makes sense, as they help starving people every week.) I mean, I couldn't get shots of the people who were getting food, which made sense because you know, they're people. I would need each one of their permissions to use the clip in question. Basically, the video was challenging but (mostly) fun.

Finally, I really do hope that the people over at the Hawaii Food Bank use or at least see the video. I worked really hard on it, and I hope that the recognize that. Even if they don't use the video, I'm still proud of myself for creating the piece, because it was very difficult but also one of the highest quality videos i've made. I hope you like it as much as I did.

Ciao for now,
-Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment