Friday, November 6, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt

Hellllooooooo people that pay attention to a blog like this! We were, this time, supposed to go out (on the school campus... :P) and film 10 examples of composition techniques. Anyway, if you look up ABOVE, you will see the 10 examples WE were supposed to do. I, personally, think that unusual angles are the most important. I mean, sure, you have a movie with rule of thirds or whatever, but no unusual angles, it's just kinda blah. Unusual angles make it more gripping, and draw you in like- WOAH! Did that guy just do an EPIK jump? It looks like it because the camera is under him as he jumps from building to building! When from flat, it's just like- Oh, cool jump brah, meh, this is boring. Just my opinion though. Don't take my word for it.

I think the HARDEST composition technique is ALSO unusual angles. I mean seriously, it's kinda hard to look for the most creative, safe, AND interesting angle at the exact same time. We took about 10 minutes to find ours! Although, when you're making a movie, you have time for that sort of thing... Still, it's hard. I could use it more by taking more time to think about shots before I shoot them, but I'm too lazy. (Jk, Jk. Hold your horses. I'm not THAT lazy.) Anyway, yeah, I could also shoot in more locations that gain the POSSIBILITY to create these strange unusual angles. It'll be hard, but possibly fun. :)

So, on this, my teammates were Cody and Micah. We mainly switched roles every now and then, but mainly, micah and cody were the subjects, I was usually the speaker, (Sometimes it was micah,) Cody, when not talking or holding up the camera, held up the script. He also did most of the text when we were editing. There was a lot of variation on who did what though, so it's kinda hard to explain who did this and that and this-that. Anyway, in the editing board, I cut out the extra footage and pieced it together, Micah was da epik D.J. and did the music, and Cody gave advice and did the texts. Then bing, bang, boom! (I just destroyed a couple vases... >-<) An epic and informative video!

Piece out! (Puzzles r fun)
-Linde

No comments:

Post a Comment